Help When You’re Grieving
Those of us grieving embark on a journey no one else can truly understand. If you’ve ever had to deal with grief, you know exactly what I mean. My post 7 Scriptures to Help Survive Grief has been a popular post which really makes me sad. I’m sorry so many people grieve so deeply, but I have come to learn that it’s a part of our life, of our journey. I write posts on grief to express my feelings but also to let each person know she isn’t alone. Each individual experiences grief in a unique way. Through my years of grieving my best friend, David, I turned often to scripture for comfort.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. If you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
If you’re grieving, hold these scriptures close to you and remember the promises of eternal life. Take comfort in Christ’s promises. I am eternal. You are eternal. Your passed loved one is eternal. Through Christ, we have eternal life.
More Scriptures to Help When You’re Grieving
1. 1 Thessalonians 4:13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope.
We know eternal life is real. We have hope, and with that hope, we can move forward knowing our loved ones still exist. They are okay. We are okay.
2. Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Death can not be understood when looked at from a worldly perspective. However, when we put our faith and trust in God, we know that however difficult it is here, now, it will all be okay. We will all be together again.
3. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Our physical bodies fail, but our eternity lies in who we are in the Divine. Our spirit lives forever with our loved ones in Heaven.
4. Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Grief causes us to feel alone, but it’s important to remember that we are never alone. Never. Be courageous. You are okay.
5. Revelation 21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
In eternal life, we know there is no death. Our sadness will be removed and the joy, peace, love, and hope that we know in God will be forevermore.
6. John 14:1 Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.
Christ came to teach us how to live and how to die. Believe in His lessons of eternal life, and your hearts will rest again.
7. Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Crushed accurately describes how it feels to grieve. I’d never known such physical pain went with the emotional pain. But Psalm 34:18 reminds us that the Lord is close to us in our despair and saves us so that we might know joy again.
I’ve made a printable for you with these scriptures. Click here to open, save, and print – 7 More Scriptures to Help When You’re Grieving printable
It’s never easy to deal with grief, but open yourself up to the promises of eternal life which always was, is, and will be. And the great news is we don’t have to wait for eternal life. It has already begun as soon as we begin our lives in Him. Our loved ones still participate in our lives and we in theirs through the promises of God.
More posts on grief and grieving: