Prayers for My Teenage Daughter
On March 9, my sweet little baby girl turned 13. 13! How did that happen? I promise it seems like I gave birth to her yesterday. Where have the years gone? They’ve just flittered away moment by moment until all of sudden…teenager!
I’ve always prayed for my children. My prayers have changed as they’ve grown through different stages of their lives and as my spiritual life has grown. My prayers for my teenage daughter bring me closer to God and through Him, closer to her.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. If you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
In the post 5 Favorite Verses to Teacher Your Preteen Daughter, I wrote about some of the fears I’ve faced as I strive to raise a confident, God-loving, compassionate, productive daughter and how I’ve learned to turn to scripture when I don’t know the answers (frequently!).
Now that she’s a teenager, I think about her even more – of the pressures she’ll have to face, the challenges she’ll overcome, the disappointment she’ll sometimes have to deal with. I’ve begun choosing one prayer for her that I pray all day long, every time I have a free brain moment.
Each day, I write down my prayer. Over time, I’ve come up with quite a collection, and I’d like to share with you my 10 favorites. These I feel I can re-pray and they’ll always be relevant. See what you think, and then let me know in the comments below.
Dear Heavenly Father:
1. Give my daughter the confidence that comes from knowing who she is in You.
2. Let her always understand and feel how much she is loved.
3. Give her strength to say no when needed.
4. Keep her safe from physical harm, emotional distress, and spiritual uncertainties.
5. Help her to extend grace to herself and to others as You extend grace to her.
6. Comfort her in times of need even if she forgets to ask.
7. Give her courage when she’s feeling unsure, insecure, or scared.
8. Keep her healthy and well.
9. Let her find her worth in You and not in others.
10. Fill her with the desire to always seek You.
5 Favorite Verses to Teach Your Preteen Daughter – empowering my daughter with scripture and using my relationship with Christ to be a better parent.
Granting God’s Grace in Difficult Situations – how I handled it when my teenage son and his girlfriend got pregnant.
From Sweet Baby Boy to Kind Young Man (and the Tough Teen Years in Between) – looking back with perspective over raising my son (the one who had my granddaughter when he was 19) and appreciating the man he’s becoming.
What prayers do you pray for your daughter(s)?
Shared on Momma Told Me Link Party
Subscribe (Free!) and Get 10 Initial Steps for Planning a Retreat
Subscribe to the newsletter for regular retreat planning tips plus get this checklist to help organize your next retreat!
You can unsubscribe at any time.