God’s love changes us in so many ways. What a blessing it is when we recognize those ways!
The most significant impact to me when first coming to my full faith was the understanding of the depth and magnitude of God’s love.
Once I understood that our purpose comes from knowing His love and sharing it with others, I knew true joy and peace.
I could even see others with a broader and hopefully more Christ-like way, even when those others were being difficult.
In my day-time job as a middle school teacher, knowing how He loves me and I love Him also helped.
When I felt down or burned out or frustrated by the kids’ behaviors’, I would pray – “Lord, help to see each of these children as a reflection of you whether they know it or not.”
My prayers are usually simple as you’ve probably figured out if you’ve read many of my blog posts.
However, they certainly help me (and hopefully you) to re-focus when I need to and allow Christ to fill me and lead me in my reactions and interactions with others.
This small prayer reminding myself of God’s love makes such a difference in my day. I’m so grateful His love that I wanted to sit down and write out the ways it changes us for the better.
How Does God’s Love Change Us?
1. God’s love gives us strength – The Lord is my strength and song, and He has become my salvation; He is my God, and I will praise Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him. ~ Exodus 15:2
2. God’s love gives us confidence – For the LORD will be your confidence And will keep your foot from being caught. ~ Proverbs 3:26
3. God’s love comforts us when we’re afraid – The Lord is my Light and my Salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? ~ Psalms 27:1
4. God’s love helps us get along with others – Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense. ~ Proverbs 19:11
5. God’s love gives us peace and contentment – Job 36:11 If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment.
1 Timothy 6:6-12 But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
Periodically throughout the day, remind yourself of God’s love. Take a moment to breathe and reflect on these verses. Allow His love to permeate you. It’ll change the way you feel about and see everything.
How has God’s love changed you? I’d love for you to share in the comments below!