Like so many others, my smartphone is attached to my hip…or, actually my hand. The good thing about that is that ever since I started focusing on Bible study every day, I’ve been able to find some excellent apps to help me when I’m out and about.
So many times, it seems hard to fit in a meaningful study. I mean, really. Our days are so full, aren’t they?
As I sat in the doctor’s office waiting room one day mindlessly swiping pieces of candy around in Candy Crush, it occurred to me that I could be making better use of my time.
I already had the Bible Gateway app (which I love), but I began a search through the App Store to see what else I could find. I tried some and threw some out.
The ones in the post are the ones that made the cut. I use at least one or two of them every single day. And now, I don’t feel so frantic about making time for the Bible.
If you’re looking for something to help you with your own Bible study, let me share with you these app that are favorites of mine. I’m not affiliated with these companies in any way. I just use and love these apps and think you will, too.
1. Bible Gateway – this app also includes many translations which makes studying verses side by side much easier.
2. Olive Tree – this app included thousands of resources including commentaries, maps, and dictionaries. It also offers many translations.
3. Scripture Typer – this is a wonderful app to help you memorize scripture.
4. Bible Word Puzzle – I love word puzzles and was so excited to find this game where you play the puzzle and in between, it gives you scripture which contains one or more of the words from the puzzle. It’s a great way to keep scripture in mind, plus it’s fun!
5. Morning and Evening Devotion – for iPhone and iPad only. This devotional has a morning and evening meditation for every day of the year.
6. Blue Letter Bible App – for iPhone, iPad, Android. This app has wonderful study tool, and I love the comprehensive search.
I know there are many more bible study apps available designed to help those of us who want to incorporate more of God’s Word into our lives, but these are the ones I can vouch for.