Super Simple Chicken Recipe
It’s important to have a varied menu when cooking for retreats. While I know many of us want to watch our calories, I just think having a weekend away needs to be a time when we don’t worry about things like that (maybe that’s just my wishful thinking).
Affiliate links may be used in this post. If you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
We make the Simplest Shredded Chicken Recipe frequently, but we’ve also found this one to be a wonderful and popular chicken recipe as well. Each crockpot serves about 12 people. You can put it together with tortillas and taco shells (ours is soupy so use a slotted spoon to serve if you don’t want it as a soup) and a variety of fixings.
- Bag of frozen chicken breasts (3 lb)
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 can of corn (drained – we use southwest corn)
- 1 can of beans (drained – kidney, garbanzo, pinto, black or any kind you like)
- 1 can of mushrooms (optional)
- Seasoning (just use salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings; we used cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and minced onions)
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray (don’t forget this part; we did once, and yikes!)
- Add all ingredients
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 (when finished, you should be able to easily shred the chicken with 2 forks)