Super Simple Chicken Recipe
It’s important to have a varied menu when cooking for retreats. While I know many of us want to watch our calories, I just think having a weekend away needs to be a time when we don’t worry about things like that (maybe that’s just my wishful thinking).
We make the Simplest Shredded Chicken Recipe frequently, but we’ve also found this one to be a wonderful and popular chicken recipe as well. Each crockpot serves about 12 people. You can put it together with tortillas and taco shells (ours is soupy so use a slotted spoon to serve if you don’t want it as a soup) and a variety of fixings.
- Bag of frozen chicken breasts (3 lb)
- 1 can of Rotel
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 can of corn (drained – we use southwest corn)
- 1 can of beans (drained – kidney, garbanzo, pinto, black or any kind you like)
- 1 can of mushrooms (optional)
- Seasoning (just use salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings; we used cayenne pepper, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and minced onions)
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with cooking spray (don’t forget this part; we did once, and yikes!)
- Add all ingredients
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 (when finished, you should be able to easily shred the chicken with 2 forks)