Have you ever received a dime from heaven or any other signs from God?
Heading back to my house after a walk along our beautiful city walking trail, something in the middle of the road caught my eye. It was a penny. As I stared at it, thoughts began pouring through my mind:
Affiliate links may be used in this post. If you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
- Hey, it’s a penny. I should pick it up and have good luck.
- Nah. Who wants a penny? They don’t really bring good luck.
- It’s only a penny. Who cares?
- I wonder if a person saved every penny they ever found, they’d have an amount worthwhile?
- What’s worthwhile? I don’t know. $100?
- You know, some people think they’re pennies from Heaven…that somehow our loved ones in Heaven leave pennies for us to find.
- Is that it, God? Has someone left me a penny? Was it Mom? David? Grandma?
- Hey, you know what? I’d rather have a dime, please. Dimes from Heaven sound better to me…not to be greedy. Ha. Ha. Ha.
And then I walked on home, of course not telling anybody about my internal conversation over a penny in the road.
An hour later, no joke, an hour! later my 12 year old daughter came into my bedroom. “Mom,” she called out. “Mom, do you want a dime?”
I looked over and saw her holding out a ragged, dull dime.
“What?” I asked.
“Do you want a dime?” she asked again. “I found it and thought you might like to have it.”
Um, yes. I’ll take my dime from Heaven.
Thank you, Lord, for reminding me that you’re here with me in every moment.
Related Post: By George (Michael)! Signs from God in Such Strange Ways
Have you ever found a penny (or dime) from Heaven? What other ways does God (and your loved ones) show you He’s with you in these ‘coincidences’ (synchronicities) of life?