Hey, all. Enjoy this Friday Favorites I’m republishing this week as I work to get back on schedule after the chaos of the holidays and then our house fire.
Whewwwwww, it’s Friday. I’m sliding into the weekend like a baseball player trying to get home, running full force ahead and then swishhhhhhh into the last stretch, past that catcher and any other obstacles that might get in my way. Not that I’ve ever slid into home. Maybe I could have back in my young, fit days, but boy it would be a scary sight now (although the more I think about it, the more I feel like going for it, no matter WHAT I look like doing it). I can certainly imagine what sliding full force to reach my goal feels like.
Affiliate links may be used in this post. If you click on one and make a purchase, I may receive a small percentage at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure policy here.
My week has been full of teaching computers to 5th and 6th graders, attending class as I work on a new degree, Bible study, taxi driving for my 12 year old daughter, doing dishes, washing laundry, and preparing for a retreat.
Besides my usual incredible blessings this week, I’ve been most taken with and grateful for my two year old granddaughter whose joy at every new thing she sees or does reminds me of Matthew 18:3 and becoming like a child in order to enter Heaven. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to greet each moment with that kind of acceptance and joy? I want that!
Saturday, Loving Christ Ministries will hold our first one day retreat. Gathering ladies together to support each other, to talk about Christ and His love and support for us, and to just plain have fun creates in me a joy I know only comes from Him. We welcome every woman to our retreats, no matter where you come from, no matter the church you belong to, no matter if you don’t go to church at all. We’ll even give you directions to drive to these beautiful Ozark foothills to attend, or we can pick you up at the airport in St. Louis when you fly in. Take a look at our past retreat pictures to see the fun we have!
With all of the busyness, I remind myself to slow down enough to connect with God, to maintain my relationship with Him. Oh, He always does His part. I’m the one who gets caught up in the days and fails to make time for Him. I write about the importance of doing just that, and so I work to make it a priority for me, too. Throughout the week, I visit and read many blogs about living faithfully. On Fridays, I’ll share my four favorite posts that most impacted me and nourished my love for God during the week.
- The Day I Get New Carpet at www.beckykopitzke.com
- What a wonderful reminder to keep life in perspective and focus on what’s most important!
- 5 Ways to Be Less Stressed at www.starlajimenez.com
- Fantastic tips to remember and implement when the stress of life causes us to want to curl up in a ball and hide.
- 15 More Prayers for Your Child at www.adivineencounter.com
- I pray for my children every day, but sometimes it seems like the words I say are the same. These 15 prayers helped me pray specifically for each of my sweet children.
- Parenting Grace at www.triciagoyer.com
- I love this beautiful post on remembering God’s grace and not seeking approval from others in our parenting.
As we all slide safely into home this weekend, keep these thoughts in mind. Know He loves you right where you are! Live confidently in His promise.